Easier Re-order Issue Statuses?

Katie Pandolfo March 23, 2018

Is there an easier way to reorder statuses under JIRA admin > Issues > Statues other than manually clicking the up and down arrows? I need to move something from the bottom all the way to the top and we have almost a hundred statuses across our platform.  Every time I click the up arrow it re-loads the page.  I cannot drag and drop the status to the location I want.  Any suggestions on an easier way to do this? The up arrow and page reload is p.a.i.n.f.u.l.

2 answers

0 votes
Rodrigo November 13, 2018

Hi @Katie Pandolfo!

I just shared an article on reordering the statuses using JMeter!

We have Jira Server here but I believe it works on Cloud too.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Agile-articles/Reordering-Jira-Statuses/ba-p/938473

Cheers

0 votes
Chung Park Chan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2018

An alternative would be to modify the order via database queries. You can refer to the following guide - How to re-order statuses

Katie Pandolfo March 27, 2018

Thanks for the suggestions- I don't think we can do this because we have JIRA cloud

Like Mark Hostetler likes this
Chung Park Chan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 29, 2018

I'm afraid it's a limitation in Cloud at this point of time. That said, I've raised JRACLOUD-69156 as a suggestion to improve the functionality.  

Like Becky Klein likes this

Suggest an answer