Dynamic Select - Can't select empty for default value

Asti Messer November 3, 2015

Hi,

We have setup Dynamic Select which each value selected will display different fields, however it always set to one of the value option as default and forcing the screen to show all the fields related to the default field and only can be fix when we create/edit the issue manually by selecting the empty field. We want the default value to set as blank but there is no "empty" field option from the default value configuration and always force us to select one of the available value option as default. Please help how to fix this issue. 

Thanks,

3 answers

0 votes
Daniel Bajrak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2015

Empty option should be available in default options when 'Edit Empty Value Switcher' is set to ON. Please create ticket in InTENSO support: https://intenso.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/5 and attach screenshots with configuration of plugin and atlassian-jira.log file.

Best Regards,

Daniel

0 votes
Asti Messer November 4, 2015

Hi Daniel,

The 'Edit Empty Value Switcher' is set to ON already. Now the problem is I think when we ONCE setup the default value for this DF, then the empy option will be gone so we can't do back and decide to not having any default value and stuck and forced to select one of the value for default and they dont have any option to revert or even option to set NO default value.

image2015-11-5 7:50:55.png

0 votes
Daniel Bajrak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2015

Hi Asti,

in configuration of custom field (dynamic select) set option "Edit Empty Value Switcher " to ON and then empty value will be available in select. There will be also availaible empty value in default values.

I hope I've helped you.

Best Regards,

Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events