During a transition can I automatically update Priority based on a date field?

mfarrell January 30, 2014

Here is what I have been tasked with. At the point of transition in the workflow if the date is 90, 120, 150 days past due then automatically update the priority. Here is the criteria:

1. If install date is greater than 150 days from "today" than the issue Priority should be set to showstopper

2. If install date is greater than 120 days from "today" than the issue Priority should be set to critical
3. If install date is greater than 90 days from "today" than the issue Priority should be set to major
4. All other issues can be remain as minor.

I am wondering if this can be done as a part of the transition process in either the Post Functions or the Conditions section?

Thanks,

Mike

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2014

You'll need a bit of code to do that. (It absolutely should NOT be done in a Condition by the way, this is very very much for a post-function).

I'd recommend the script-runner add-on which provides a very easy and simple way to get the code into Jira,

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2014

Mmm, I'd look at the docs for the script-runner, it's got sample code which is better than anything I'd quickly hack together here.

Will do. thanks.

Nic, I have the script-runner add-on installed. But I am not a coder so if you would be kind enough to provide me with at least a few example lines of code that I can use to figure this out I would really appreciate it.

Mike

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events