During a transition can I automatically update Priority based on a date field?

Here is what I have been tasked with. At the point of transition in the workflow if the date is 90, 120, 150 days past due then automatically update the priority. Here is the criteria:

1. If install date is greater than 150 days from "today" than the issue Priority should be set to showstopper

2. If install date is greater than 120 days from "today" than the issue Priority should be set to critical
3. If install date is greater than 90 days from "today" than the issue Priority should be set to major
4. All other issues can be remain as minor.

I am wondering if this can be done as a part of the transition process in either the Post Functions or the Conditions section?

Thanks,

Mike

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

You'll need a bit of code to do that. (It absolutely should NOT be done in a Condition by the way, this is very very much for a post-function).

I'd recommend the script-runner add-on which provides a very easy and simple way to get the code into Jira,

Mmm, I'd look at the docs for the script-runner, it's got sample code which is better than anything I'd quickly hack together here.

Will do. thanks.

Nic, I have the script-runner add-on installed. But I am not a coder so if you would be kind enough to provide me with at least a few example lines of code that I can use to figure this out I would really appreciate it.

Mike

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

98 views 13 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you