Duplicate users in the Reporter field.

Guy Anela September 27, 2012

We merged two separate JIRA instances into one instance. Each instance had the same set users with different usernames so we have duplicate user records in our merged instance. For example...

Full Name 1 = John Doe

Username 1 = jdoe

Full Name 2 = Doe, John

Username 2 = john.doe

After we merged the the two instances, we removed one set of users from all Groups but when we go to create or Edit an Issue, we see both users in the Reporter list. Is there a way to prevent the one user that's not in any Groups from being listed in the Reporter field? It doesn't show in the Assignee field so I'm assuming there should be a way to restrict from displaying in the Reporter field as well.

This is somewhat critical because we don't want people to assign the wrong Reporter value for obvious reasons.

Thanks in advance,

Guy

6 answers

0 votes
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2012
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2012

You can configure the user picker to display only users from your group with active users

0 votes
David Yu
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 28, 2012

Actually, they might be right; I'd incorrectly assumed the users would stop showing up in the reporter list if they were deactivated. Sorry!

I guess you'd have to bulk-reassign the legacy user's issues, and then DELETE the user. :-(

0 votes
Guy Anela September 28, 2012

No worries! ...thanks for taking the time to reply.

Take care,

Guac

0 votes

Hey David - Thanks for the reply. I'm assuming it's not available in the version we're running (5.0.2). Can you attach a screenshot of where you would disable a user in the version your're running (btw - which version are you using?).

I wonder why the Atlassian JIRA support rep didn't let me know of this solution instead of pointing me to the following open Improvment ticket...

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-7659

Thanks again,

Guy

0 votes

Hey David - Thanks for the reply. I'm assuming it's not available in the version we're running (5.0.2). Can you attach a screenshot of where you would disable a user in the version your're running (btw - which version are you using?).

I wonder why the Atlassian JIRA support rep didn't let me know of this solution instead of pointing me to the following open Improvment ticket...

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-7659

Thanks again,

Guy

0 votes
David Yu
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 28, 2012

If you just want to make these users not appear in the reporter drop down, you can just disable the user. In the latest JIRA, you can deactivate a user. In order ones, try removing them from all groups.

As for issues they currently have assigned/reported, you'll have to bulk-reassign them.

Suggest an answer