Drop down menu background is transparent

Celeste Plaisance August 16, 2012

Upgraded to 4.2.3, upgraded plugins. Drop down menus at top of pages now have a transparent background, allowing the edit|share|add|tools gadgets to show through the menu. The gadgets become the selectable item. The user can't select menu options that are blocked by the gadgets. (We upgraded on a staging server, so this is not affecting production yet. Once we get all the bugs worked out of the update, we'll push it to production for use.)

13 answers

0 votes
Sven
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2013
0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2012

Hey FJP,

Do you have any customization applied in Confluence Admin > Look and Feel? If so, please revert everything to default for testing purposes. If the issue persists, then I would recommend that you open a support case as well.

Cheers,
Boris

0 votes
Frans Hoeks August 30, 2012

Hi

I have also this issue with Confluence 4.2.12. I am very interested in the solution for this.

Regards,

FJP

0 votes
Frans Hoeks August 30, 2012

Hi,

I have this issue too in Confluence 4.2.12

I would like to know the solution for this.

Regards,

FJP

0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 23, 2012

Looks like the Confluence team is helping you work through it. Please provide your answer here once you identify the cause. This will help other users who run into the same problem.

Cheers,
Boris

0 votes
Celeste Plaisance August 20, 2012

Hi Boris - I already opened a ticket. Unfortunately, budgetary issues have left us with a license that expired this past weekend. I've posted the browser versions & firefox errors to the ticket - https://support.atlassian.com/browse/CSP-86599#comment-2828021 . Thanks.

0 votes

I finally got it to attach. See above comment.

0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 20, 2012

Hey Celeste,

I think it would be a good idea to open a support ticket for this. I think we will need to dig deeper into this to figure out what is going on. Please provide a link to this question so that the engineer who helps you will have a baseline to start from.

Cheers,
Boris

0 votes

I got the file to attach. See above comment again - firefox confl errors.txt.

0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 20, 2012

Hey Celeste,

I don't see any atachment there. Maybe upload it somewhere else and provide a link?

Cheers,
Boris

0 votes

Hi Boris - The transparent menu happens across all 3 of my browsers: Firefox 14.0.1, Chrome 21.0.1180.79 m, and Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0.7601.17514. Yes, there seem to be some errors. I'm attaching the Firefox ones below. Is there anything I can do on my end to correct this? Thanks.

(firefox confl errors.txt)

0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2012

Hey Celeste,

Is this consistent across multiple browsers? If so, could you please pick one and follow the directions here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Troubleshooting+problems+in+the+browser to see if there is a script error, or if some resource is not loading properly?

If not, could you please let me know what browsers and the versions this affects?

Cheers,
Boris Berenberg
Atlassian Support - San Francisco
Enjoyed the support?! Tweet us! #atlassiansupport

0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2012

Hey Celeste,

Is this consistent across multiple browsers? If so, could you please pick one and follow the directions here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Troubleshooting+problems+in+the+browser to see if there is a script error, or if some resource is not loading properly?

If not, could you please let me know what browsers and the versions this affects?

Cheers,
Boris Berenberg
Atlassian Support - San Francisco
Enjoyed the support?! Tweet us! #atlassiansupport

Suggest an answer