Dose Stash allow for downloading Zipped Repositories?

R A November 9, 2012

Hi,

Like in GitHub, you can download a full repository via the web.

Dose Stash allow for downloading Zipped Repositories via the web?

Thanks.

2 answers

1 vote
Demetri Alekseev August 24, 2017

Very unimpressed with Stash.  In 2017, 5 years later, still no GD zip project download.

Seriously?

1 vote
Stefan Saasen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 9, 2012

Hi,

This functionality is currently not available, please vote on https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-2732 if you'd like to see this implemented. We would love to learn more about your paritcular use case for this feature.

Cheers,

Stefan

R A November 9, 2012

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for the reply.

I am totally surprised that Stash does not have such core functionality with regards to graping Repos of the web.

Do you know if there is temporary workaround as this is a must have for us...

We build CMS apps using PHP/Javacript and we need to have this functioality available for orcecode download...

Ouch, If i knew i would have remanied using Github, I was happy to find Stash and worked towards centralizing our operation in our server and closed our Github :(

Stefan Saasen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2012

Hi,

As a workaround you could use the "git archive" command to create an archive:

git archive --format=zip --remote=ssh://git@HOST:7999/PROJ/repository.git -o archive.zip HEAD

Note: This example uses HEAD but you can use any other tree-ish (commit, tree) and "git archive" does _not_ work with HTTP.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Stefan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events