Dose Stash allow for downloading Zipped Repositories?

Hi,

Like in GitHub, you can download a full repository via the web.

Dose Stash allow for downloading Zipped Repositories via the web?

Thanks.

2 answers

1 vote

Hi,

This functionality is currently not available, please vote on https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-2732 if you'd like to see this implemented. We would love to learn more about your paritcular use case for this feature.

Cheers,

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for the reply.

I am totally surprised that Stash does not have such core functionality with regards to graping Repos of the web.

Do you know if there is temporary workaround as this is a must have for us...

We build CMS apps using PHP/Javacript and we need to have this functioality available for orcecode download...

Ouch, If i knew i would have remanied using Github, I was happy to find Stash and worked towards centralizing our operation in our server and closed our Github :(

Hi,

As a workaround you could use the "git archive" command to create an archive:

git archive --format=zip --remote=ssh://git@HOST:7999/PROJ/repository.git -o archive.zip HEAD

Note: This example uses HEAD but you can use any other tree-ish (commit, tree) and "git archive" does _not_ work with HTTP.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Stefan

Very unimpressed with Stash.  In 2017, 5 years later, still no GD zip project download.

Seriously?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in United States

Topic Tuesday: What's your favorite topic?

Good morning All, Our goal is to get you into the habit of while enjoying your favorite morning drink you are checking the NOVA "space" for topics and comments. Your input is really needed and...

57 views 4 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you