Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does this feature works also for jira service desk projects?

Luciana Cagnetta November 24, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: How to create issues in multiple projects using one mail server in JIRA Core

Ask your question here...

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bart Meerveld
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2016

yes, we have this set up for our Incidents. This works for all types of projects.

But the issue creation through this handler is allowed only to JIRA licensed users or also to users with a "Customers" role?

I've been struggling to figure this out, it looks like that only users with a JIRA core or JIRA application license can perform issue creation through mails..

the only workaround to this limit seems to be the use of a plugin called JETI

Bart Meerveld
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2016

Everybody can create those issues, you could even set it up in a way that users without an account can use it. Creating issues can normally be done by customers so this is no exception.

0 votes

I've been testing this functionality very thoroughly for users belonging to customers groups added by the default to "Customers" role.

I created a permission scheme as in image below (for create issues, add comments to issues)attachment1.PNG

the test user in the customer group has no application access (coz we don't want our customers to use JIRA licences) as in the image belowattachment2.PNG

However when testing the handler I get always the same message

attachment5.PNG

The handler was configured this way

attachment4.PNG

0 votes

But the issue creation through this handler is allowed only to JIRA licensed users or also to users with a "Customers" role?

I've been struggling to figure this out, it looks like that only users with a JIRA core or JIRA application license can perform issue creation through mails..

the only workaround to this limit seems to be the use of a plugin called JETI

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events