Does this feature works also for jira service desk projects?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

yes, we have this set up for our Incidents. This works for all types of projects.

But the issue creation through this handler is allowed only to JIRA licensed users or also to users with a "Customers" role?

I've been struggling to figure this out, it looks like that only users with a JIRA core or JIRA application license can perform issue creation through mails..

the only workaround to this limit seems to be the use of a plugin called JETI

Everybody can create those issues, you could even set it up in a way that users without an account can use it. Creating issues can normally be done by customers so this is no exception.

But the issue creation through this handler is allowed only to JIRA licensed users or also to users with a "Customers" role?

I've been struggling to figure this out, it looks like that only users with a JIRA core or JIRA application license can perform issue creation through mails..

the only workaround to this limit seems to be the use of a plugin called JETI

I've been testing this functionality very thoroughly for users belonging to customers groups added by the default to "Customers" role.

I created a permission scheme as in image below (for create issues, add comments to issues)attachment1.PNG

the test user in the customer group has no application access (coz we don't want our customers to use JIRA licences) as in the image belowattachment2.PNG

However when testing the handler I get always the same message

attachment5.PNG

The handler was configured this way

attachment4.PNG

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Featured Groups

Want to know how Atlassians monitor their enterprise deployments?

At Atlassian, we believe in our own products – that's why we use them, even at the enterprise level. Doing so gives us first-hand experience of how they perform at scale; to do this, we monitor each ...

94 views 3 9
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you