Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the sticky table headings work when the table is wrapped in the Table Filter macro?

John Alton January 22, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Tables

Does the sticky table headings functionality work when the table is wrapped in the Table Filter macro? 

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2016

John, Milo,

The sticky table headings functionality works when the table is wrapped in the Table Filter macro. You can see it on this page. But sticky table headings have some limitations, that's why it doesn't work on the live demo page, which contains page layouts.

Also if you set Table Filter parameter Fit Table to Screen Area, the sticky table headings functionality won't work.

Sherryl Radbil June 17, 2019

Hi Andrey,

Your answer solved my problem but the link to the "limitations" is no longer valid. Do you have a link to the page in its new location?

Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2019
Like Sherryl Radbil likes this
0 votes
Nicole Beames February 7, 2016

JIRA NO: CONF-30371 - Freeze rows in Confluence table RESOLVED

Wiki Confluence
Browser: Mac Browser
Instance : Cloud 

I have to use a large table in the wiki (confluence),  for the table to be functional i need to scroll up / down AND

There is a bug - the sticky columns and sticky rows won't work together.

Im able to get the sticky row working on its own - when you add a sticky column and row, neither work.

sticky columns don't work at all, on its own or with a sticky row.

Please note: If you have a large table, the chances are you need to stick both the header column and the header row. (they may have merged cells in the headers)

If this can't be fixed I have to move my work to google docs as this is a major issue for our team overseas that we have to work closely with.

Ive also tried the plug in - this does not work on Cloud Instance.

The JIRA no. states the issues is resolved but a few people are still experiencing issues??

PLEASE HELP!!!  smile

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2016

None of the tables on their live demo page have sticky headers, so it may not.

Then again, it works in a table customizing user macro I use as well as other macros, so maybe it can.

You can try it for free, so give it a go.

John Alton January 22, 2016

Thanks, Milo. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events