Does the requestor in JIRA ServiceDesk needs to be a JIRA user first?

BeckU August 15, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Get your customers started with JIRA Service Desk

Does the requestor in JIRA ServiceDesk (request created via email) needs to be a JIRA user first?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2016

Depends on what you mean by "requestor" - see https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedesk025/setting-up-service-desk-users-754977391.html for the different types of user that you might be describing.

But, generally, yes, they need an account.  Whether it's a JIRA user account is debatable ("JIRA user" is the phrase usually used for a full JIRA account, not just a simple customer account)

BeckU August 15, 2016

Thanks @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] 

When I said "requestor", what I really meant was the customer who sent email via set support email or via customer portal.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2016

Ah, I thought so, but I could not be sure.  Your customers will need to sign up for an account, yes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events