Does @parent work in the page tree macro?

Pamela Clark September 9, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Page Tree Macro

I'm trying to use the page tree macro and I can't get the @parent value to work for the root parameter.

Ideas?  All that shows is the page with the page tree macro and others at the same level in the hierarchy.

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2016

Can you explain the desired output? That appears to be working exactly as intended.

image2016-9-9 15:2:35.png

• '@parent' — will include all pages under the parent of the current page, including the current page.
Pamela Clark September 9, 2016

The way I read the docs, I expected that if I put a page-tree macro in the page (in your example) called "testing page-tree macro" and specify '@parent' as the root - that I would see the page "two reports" and all its child pages in the resulting list. The way it works it seems no different than using '@self'. So, how are self and parent different? I'm not getting it. But, this is my first time trying to use this macro.

Dan Bishop November 24, 2016

I agree, Pamela.

• '@parent' — will include all pages under the parent of the current page, including the current page.

Using the description of "@parent" above, shouldn't we see "two reports" (parent of "testing page-tree macro") included in the page tree?

Ideally it would be great if this macro would allow you to specify the level of ascendants and descendants. That way on each page of the hierarchy the reader could navigate the page structure, of these specific pages,  without having to rely on the sidebar.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events