Does anyone have a Test Plan I can you to test new releases of JIRA.

Jerome Taylor December 8, 2011

Looking for a test plan to provide a systematic approach to testing new release of JIRA before we put it into production.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2011

I run Groovy Integration Test Framework tests against the release before doing a production upgrade. For instance, we delayed our JIRA upgrade because of failures against JIRA 4.4/4.1/4.2 because of our dependencies on automation. I run the JIRA Command Line Interface , JIRA Clone-Plus plugin , and JIRA Create on Transition Plugin tests specifically because I develop those tools/plugins. You could write more installation specific tests using similar techniques. Links to the tests can be found at Projects Using GINT . As with any testing effort, it requires some significant upfront effort to define and implement the tests you want. The benefit comes in the next time you need to go through the process.

Suggest an answer