• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • Does anyone else experience a freeze on Firefox OSX when JIRA asks to confirm "Are you sure you want to leave this page" when hitting the browser's back button.

Does anyone else experience a freeze on Firefox OSX when JIRA asks to confirm "Are you sure you want to leave this page" when hitting the browser's back button.

Nathan Bell June 9, 2012

Does anyone else experience a freeze on Firefox OSX when JIRA asks to confirm "Are you sure you want to leave this page" when hitting the browser's back button.

How I reproduce this everytime:

In JIRA, go to the administration page.

Click on User Managment

Click on Create new user.

Begin to type a user's email address in the given input field. Leave focus of the input field by clicking on a blank spot on the page.

Hit the browser's back button (I used two-finger swipe on my Mac Book Pro's trackpad).

Firefox prompts me "Do you really want to leave this page? You have unsaved changes"

No matter what I click, the dialog doesn't go away. I have to force quit Firefox. Doesn't seem to happen in other web apps, but may be a firefox bug.

Firefox 13, Jira On Demand (5.0.3-rc1 I believe)

1 answer

0 votes
Monique Stertz February 25, 2014

I can still duplicate this type of issue in IE and Firefox. If a comment was started and then clicked on create branch and "stay on page" selected the aui-blanket does not go away. Using the Escape key clears the aui-blanket brings you back to the page with your data intact. JIRA v6.1

Suggest an answer