Does UseTFS work with Area Paths in TFS?

Brian Carr June 24, 2013

We are a TFS shop that makes heavy use of Area Paths. There is a history to this that I can't control, but we are looking for a way to integrate with JIRA. Instead of having individual projects in TFS (for various service teams and products) we lump everything into a single TFS project, and use Area Paths to differentiate.

We were evaluating TFS4JIRA, but it didn't support area paths...only allowed for a one-to-one syncronization. Basically, we are looking for a way to sync specific area paths with JIRA projects. Anyone have any experience with this?

1 answer

0 votes
Andrzej Pasterczyk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2013

Hi Brian,

Let me just rephrase to make sure I understood you correctly - you would like to choose JIRA project based on Area Path in TFS (and the opposite). UseTFS can support this scenario as it allows you to define groovy expressions. It might not the most comfortable option to configure but it should do the trick.

Have a look at our documenation https://bitbucket.org/pigsty/usetfs/wiki/Groovy%20expressions
"Top Level" expression can be used to set value of JIRA project based on TFS area.

Suggest an answer