Does Tempo save start time on server?

Ian Johnson August 16, 2013

I've run across issues with some web-based time trackers using a Javascript-only solution which meant that if a user accidentally closed the browser, suffered a power loss, etc, the time they were tracking was lost. Services like Freckle and Harvest handle this by committing start/stop times to the server immediately on the relevant action. Does Tempo do this as well, or does it rely on the client-side script for keeping track of time?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bjarni Thorbjornsson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2013

Hi Ian,

Tempo uses "persistent cookies" to track time. That means that the tracker will continue even if the user closes the browser but it looses the track if the user opens another browser or uses another machine.

Hope this helps,

-Bjarni (Tempo support)

TJ Baker September 2, 2013

I'm seeing issues where the tracker seems to be getting confused when the browser is closed, adding time or subtracking time spradically, and also opening tracking on issues that had previously been stopped.

Can you tell me what the best way to work with the tracker is to prevent these types of issues?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events