Do you *really* think treating your customers like 4th graders is *appropriate*? **really**?

Tracy_Hall December 16, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Git Tutorial: Keep track of your space station locations

Ask your question here...

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2015

Could you explain what you see as the issue here (and how old a 4th grader is supposed to be, as it's meaningless to most of us)

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2015

They seem to disagree with the format of Atlassian's git tutorial.

0 votes
Tracy_Hall December 16, 2015

US 4th grader == 10 yo.  "Keep track of your Space Station Locations"? How about treating your users like adults and just presenting the information.

I would have replied earlier, but your system decides that a question directly to me cannot be answered in less than 24 hours until I "earn 3 points".  Shouldn't this system be more about bloody answers than "earning points"?

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2015

I think if you have an issue with the presentation you could just ignore the document. It's your prerogative to make a deal out of it. I don't know who you *think* you're addressing here but this is a user-led forum. We are not Atlassian. If you have a problem with the anti-spam functionality you could pass a suggestion along to the development team using jira.atlassian.com.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2015

Ok, so you don't like having examples presented in a clear easy way, and you probably haven't managed to find the actual documents that present the information without the examples. That's your issue, not the writers. It's working for most people. If you don't like the style of the examples, that's fine. As Steven says, ignore it. Consider writing your own version for your own users.

Suggest an answer