Do issues get created in Jira or Greenhopper

Kevin Whitchurch January 9, 2013

Hi,

Can you please tell me when I create an issue, does it record it in Jira or Greenhopper? I create the issue from the button available on the top menu.

I have been asked this by a third party which is looking to integrate Jira with a Project Management tool and apparently this makes a difference as to how they build the API. The tool in question is Clarizen.

Thanks

Andy

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ivan Maduro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2013

Hi Andy,

To add to John's answer, issues are indeed created in JIRA itself and stored there. To integrate with JIRA we recommend using the REST API for interaction with your JIRA instance. You find API documentation here.

Cheers,

Ivan.

1 vote
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2013

Hi Andy,

The issue is created in JIRA and Greenhopper is just a plugin which just gives you a different view of the issue stored in JIRA, so in this case the person would need to use the JIRA API to integrate JIRA with the Project Management tool.

All the best,
John

0 votes
Kevin Whitchurch January 9, 2013

Awesome many thanks for your help

Regards

Andy

Suggest an answer