Do FishEye 3.1.5 support managed repository?

ArunK November 27, 2013

Hi,

We have managed repositories in our Fisheye 2.7.8. We are now upgrading to FishEye 3.1.5.

I know fisheye do not have provision to take backup of managed repositories.

But I recently heard that Fisheye version 3.x do not support managed repository.

Is that true?

Best Regards,

Arun Kumar

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nick
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2013

FishEye 3.1.5 does not officially support Managed Repositories, though they can still be accessed, however if anything goes wrong there is no support provided by Atlassian.

FishEye 3.2.0 will not start by default if you still have any managed repositories. You can pass FishEye a flag on startup however, to force it to start and the managed repositories will be converted to normal repositories. You will need to update the location of the repository with the new location to where you moved the source of the repo to.

1 vote
Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2013

Arun, if you consider migrating your managed repositories elsewhere, there is a migration guide provided: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/Migration+guide+for+Git+internally+managed+repositories

Hope that helps

1 vote
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2013

Here is the url to the notice

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/End+of+Support+Announcement+for+Internally+Managed+Repositories

It looks like 3.1.x will support the current managed respository interface, but 3.2 will not.

0 votes
ArunK November 27, 2013

>> It looks like 3.1.x will support the current managed respository interface, but 3.2 will not.

Yes, that is what my understanding is. Managed repository is deprecated on August 14, 2013.

Statement is: "From 14 August 2013, Atlassian support for internally managed repositories in FishEye will end."

I wondering whether I should continue upgrade from Fisheye 2.7.8 to FishEye 3.1.5 especially since we have managed repositories.

I don't know what it really means Atlassian support will end?

Is that if something goes wrong, Atlassian support will not help us?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events