Distinct values in eazyBI

Jane Helman July 11, 2017

I would like to get a summary of "hours spent with sub-tasks" by specific labels.  How can I make a custom measure to get the DISTINCT/UNIQUE "hours spent with sub-tasks", as the out of the box measure is giving me duplicates as an issue can have multiple labels?

1 answer

0 votes
eazyBI Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2017

The measures of an issue having several label values are counted to all the labels which are used for the issue. It seems fine as it gives correct result for each particular label. It is not possible to detect at the issue level which one of the labels should be considered for the issue, so there is no general solution for this requirement.

However, when the measure is consolidated at the "All Labels" level the total amount does not duplicate for issues having several labels.

Perhaps a reasonable use case for the problem could be when using the labels on the report pages. When selecting multiple label values in the report pages, the measure multiplies by the number of labels the issue is having. To avoid this, a calculated measure can be used instead of the standard one dividing the multiplied value by the number of issues created. The formula would be like this:

Sum(
Filter(Descendants([Issue].CurrentMember, [Issue].[Issue]),
[Measures].[Hours spent with sub-tasks]>0),
[Measures].[Hours spent with sub-tasks]/[Measures].[Issues created]
)

Best regards,
eazyBI support.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events