Display priority description when creating an issue

Nicklas Kittelmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2013

I have a set of priorities in JIRA (some JIRA default, some custom). We use the priorities to determine what internal SLA we have on bug issues.

This makes it important that all issues created have the correct priority set. However, when I create a new issue I don't see the descriptions (like "Crashes, loss of data, severe memory leak."). Sure, I can click on an icon to open a web page and then see what the priorities represent, but it should be a lot simpler - like as soon as I choose a priority the description should be put as a label to the right of the priority dropdown.

Am I missing something, or how do others work with the priority?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2013

Unfortunately, there are no other options now. You will have educate the users somehow to select the correct priority.

Nicklas Kittelmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2013

Sadly, it seems your answer is correct Jobin. :-(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events