Display Summary, Assignee, Target Version and Component in List View

Wayne Clements June 9, 2011

We are using

We want to display Summary, Assignee, Target Version and Component in List View we are told that we can only have two fields in out List View.

(1) Is this correct?

(2) Can we "cheat" and concatenate Assignee & Target version & Component into a single "synthetic" field in outr List View?

(3) Is there any other way around this problem?

3 answers

1 vote
Daniel Wester June 10, 2011

I think the limitation of number of fields is based on screen width (somebody else would have to say for sure). I've got 4-5 fields on my list view.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2011

It's not quite "limited to two fields". The docs are at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Using+Task+Board+Views and they say "The list view on the Task Board has been designed to optimise the visibility of each issue when space is limited". I've got a view here showing 8 fields. Only 3 issues in 2 columns though. When I swap to a different project, it chomps down to just the summary.

Your concatenation trick might help a bit (you'll need a bit of code if you want to do this), but I suspect you'll find it still chomps that down if you've got a lot of data on screen.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2011

What do you mean by "list view"? The "issue navigator" is the usual way to see a series of issues and you can put as many or as few fields in that as you want (and customise it for your own user id and save filters with settings). Most of the other displays are configurable too, although some reports are pretty much fixed because of what they are. Problem is I don't know what your "list view" means?

Wayne Clements June 10, 2011

JIRA, TASK BOARD, List View seems to be a common description. I don't know any other way to describe it.

We have a compact "card" on the Task Board which is called List View

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2011

*Agile* was the missing piece of information there. Agile -> Task board -> List view.

The short answer here is you're stuck. The list view is designed to show as many issues as possible, and it decides how much of the configured info to show based on screen size and column width. In your case, you're trying to show too much, so it's chopping it. You need to reduce what you're trying to show, or use a different view. Concatenating fields (for which there's a coding trick) won't help - it'll still chop them to fit.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2011

*Agile* was the missing piece of information there. Agile -> Task board -> List view.

Suggest an answer