Disable "give feedback" button

Lee Correll
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2013

How do I disable the "Give Feedback" tag in JIRA?

4 answers

1 vote
Martin Widemann January 8, 2016

You can hide it with a little CSS:

<style>
.aui-sidebar-group[data-id="jira-projects-ancillary-group"]{
  display: none;
}
</style>
Geoff Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2016

where would you suggest putting this for it to be active for every project?  I've heard the Announcement Banner, but I feel like I've heard warnings or unintended consequences of putting code into the announcement banner

And I can confirm that it does work in the Banner, but it does add a line's worth of space where the banner resides which is a bit annoying, but wonder if it's better with the link just being gone.

Martin Widemann January 28, 2016

The announcement banner is the only way to do that without touching some java code, I guess.

Just add another line of CSS to hide the banner itsself.

#announcement-banner{
  display: none;
}
1 vote
Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2013

Feel free to watch this feature request pertaining to this concern.

1 vote
Lee Correll
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2013

That's not a feature; that's an annoyance. It's a feature if I can turn it off.

0 votes
Gary
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2013

Hi Lee,

Unfortunately, this is a built in feature for the OnDemand platform, and cannot be disabled.

Cheers,

Gary

Felipe Cuozzo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2013

Oddly enough the quickest way to request for this to be transformed into a feature is by using the "Give Feedback" link in JIRA or reporting and issue at https://jira.atlassian.com.

As Atlassian Answers is more about a Q&A a not usually a bugs/feature/improvements request tracking place.

We certanly value your feedback, thanks for sharing it with us.

Suggest an answer