Different validation rules in the same transition.

Javier March 21, 2013

Hello everyone.

I have a complex workflow working properly for all the users.

This workflow includes a QA assessment in a special transition. In this transition, a specific screen is opened for the user to enter the QA assessment. I have make this field mandatory by using transition validations. All it worked properly ... till now.

Now, I have been told to make this field mandatory only if the user has the role ROLE1 (end users) so internal users (not in ROLE2) just have to transition without the requirement of the QA assessment field.

Is there a way to do this with ease?

I have realized that I cannot make two transitions to the same destination status (one for ROLE1 and another one for ROLE2). Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards, Javier (JIRA 5.2.4.1).

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2013

You should be able to have multiple transitions to the same step and that is the best solution here. Not sure why it not allowing you to do that. Try editing a copy of the workflow.

Javier March 21, 2013

Hi Jobin,

The problem is the "name" of the transition. I wanted to keep the same name but it is not possible.

I have kept the original name of the existing transition "Validate" and I have restricted its execution to ROLE1 users.

I have created a new "Bypass user's validation" and I have restricted its execution to Developers.

I am starting my test check. I will keep you updated about my progress.

Regards,

Javier.

Javier March 26, 2013
My final tests were successful. Thank you for your help. Javier.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events