It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Detailssummary and Metadata Macros - how do these work?

Mick Davidson Aug 16, 2012

Evening,

I've been trying to get these to work but failed miserably. I've read and re-read the user info for both, and I'm getting nowhere.

I have to say I don't find the user info helpful or clear. This is probably my ignorance as much as anything, but depsite several readings I've no idea how I should be using them or how they are supposed to work.

I'd like to see the examples given in the docs working together to show what the outcome should be, but they don't.

Also, in the Detailssummary macro, the parameter default is shown as being 'None', but doesn't give and example of what you can enter if you don't want to leave it blank. Which you can't do anyway, to add the macro you have to add something here. (also, can you add more than one parameter?)

Just to make it more confusing, if I enter 'none' I get a msg saying that the label 'none' doesn't exist. If I enter a label that has been added, I get the following error msg:

Error rendering macro 'detailssummary' : [Ljava.lang.Object; cannot be cast to com.atlassian.confluence.labels.Labelling

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jodie Miners Oct 02, 2012

Hi Mick, it looks like this question was never answered. The new documentation pages https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Metadata+Details+Macro seem to help to explain them much better.

Mick Davidson Oct 04, 2012

Thanks for letting me know Jodie. :)

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Next-gen

Introducing subtasks for breaking down work in next-gen projects

Teams break work down in order to help simplify complex tasks. This is often done iteratively, with tasks being broken down into smaller tasks and so on until the work is accurately captured in well-...

9,949 views 44 44
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you