Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting users

Chris Robinson January 9, 2012

We're still in our trial period on confluence. I need to delete some generic users I created but they own content. How can I get rid of those users. I need to add real users and the system won't let me. Can I transfer ownership of the contenct created by the old users to another user?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
NikE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2012

Because content is tied to user account, we don't recommend deleting users. To free up license seats (and block access) all you have to do is remove all the group permissions from the user you want to remove. Once they no longer belong to the "user" group, your license will free up that spot.

0 votes
NikE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2012

Extra (updated) details:

My other comment is true for all deployments of JIRA/Confluence, both download and OnDemand. With OnDemand, you also want to go into "Application Access" under the admin panel and deselect all the check-boxes for the removed user to clear them from your license.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events