Deleting one filter at a time with the slow response of the system does not scale to 500+ filters. how do I delete multiple filters at a time?

Thiis question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Managing shared filters

How do I delete multiple filters at one time? I have over 500 filters that I created over time, and to clean up the ones I don't use anymore means deleting them one at a time, which would takes hours and days. Is there a way to specify a list of filters that can be deleted in a bulk fashion?

I am using the cloud hosted version of the system.

-Gerard Cattin

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

If you are doing a large operation to remove filters, I would strongly recommend that you investigate using the API.

There is documentation here on the REST API which is available to work with saved user filters: https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/cloud/#api/2/filter

This will allow you to very quickly cycle through your filters and delete the ones you no longer need.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

28 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you