Deleting a user changing the reporter

I have the 10 user JIRA account so I can't run scripts. However, it very difficult to changed users when an employee is not with us and we need to delete their account. There isn't a way to reassign a non-existing user to and existing. So how can we delete the user account and pass the issues to another user? Also, the reporter locks the the issue so I can't delete the user - becauser the user is the reporter. Can I change the reporter so I can delete that user account?

I just need to delete users and its so extremely difficult. And i dont care if the issue is deleted to, this is forcing me to keep a bunch of unwanted crappy data. Please help.. thanks...

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote
Andy Nguyen Atlassian Team Jan 02, 2014

Hi Julius,

You can easily change the Reporter of an Issue by clicking on the reporter name on the View Issue screen. If the reporter is associated with more than 1 issue, you can filter those issues and use Bulk Change to edit the Reporter field. Make sure you have the following permissions:

• Modify Reporter
  • Assign Issues
  • Bulk Change (this is a Global Permission)

By changing the Reporter you can retain your issues (simply assigning the issues to others).

Cheers,

Andy

0 votes

You'll find you can't delete users if they are reporter, assignee or have made comments.

The standard advice is "do not delete users, make them inactive - remove them from all groups and roles and they will stop counting against your licence limit, while preserving their history".

That won't help you re-assign the issues, but that's what bulk-edit is for.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Friday in Europe

Venue Needed! 23rd October

Hey Everyone! Unfortunately, the venue that was hosting us on the 23rd has pulled out so we're looking for a new venue.    If anyone would have a room free that we could use on the ev...

36 views 1 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you