Delete page, but keep attachments

Andreas November 11, 2013

Hi,

how do I keep attachments when deleting a page? I have copied the contents of the page (including images) into other pages, and when I try to delete the original page, the images in the other pages disappear.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2013

Did you copied the content of page to another?. To copy a page follow the steps Go to page --> Tools --> Copy (By default, Confluence will name the page 'Copy of <<original page name>>'.)

Copying a page will duplicate all of the original page's attachments and labels, but will not copy comments from the original page

Then try to delete orginal page. Let me know still you have same problem.

Thanks.

Patina

Hi Patina, thanks for your answer.

I did not copy the page itself. I need to distribute the page content to several other existing pages.

rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2013

Hi Jan,

Please move the attachments and then copy the content of the page to other where ever you want. Let me know if it works.

Hope this helps you

Patina

Thanks, that worked great!

I'd like to suggest two small improvements:

• Validate the input where I enter the name of the Page I want to move the attachment to
  • The ability to move multiple attachments at once
C September 29, 2014

Agreed. If the attachments are being used on another page then they should be moved when the page is deleted, rather than being deleted as well.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events