Default Ranking on Rapid Board not clear

Karin Becker July 16, 2013

I use the Rapid Board in Greenhopper / Jira on Demand, Ranking is enabled and working by drag&drop. But: I'd like to have new issues always at the end of the board, to prioritize them manually, but in fact they appear somewhere, incidentially!

I know that this is not necessarily the case, heared other reports, but I can't find a way to configure the Rank or whatever is needed.

Thanks for help!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dobroslawa Wierzbicka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2013

Indeed, this isn't documented (or at least I couldn't find this information either), but it's the case that a new Issue will be ranked under the one that's currently selected.

When you open a Board, you'll see that by default it's the lowest ranked Issue. If you look at another, though, and then click Create Issue when it's still selected, your new Issue will land right under the selected ticket - so it can end up in the middle of the backlog.

Karin Becker July 24, 2013

Ok, I am not sure if I like this, but understood. By that, reporters who do not work frequently with Jira and will not remember this logics might click arround, then open the new ticket - and I as the PO get a notification about the new ticket, but have to search the backlog to find the position and priorize corretly!

Is there a chance to put this as a feature request that one can choose by administration to ordern new tickets always at the end or as well below the last ticket? Would be great!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events