Date Picker Macro Not Popping Up On Hover Edited

For some reason, when I hover on a date that was created with the Confluence date picker, nothing happens. I have to put the page in edit mode to change a date. I have seen cases where this can be done live in the published page. 

Any ideas?

Besides that problem, the Date Picker macro seems generally veiled in mystery to me...

In the page editor, when I choose Insert more content > Other macros, it is nowhere to be found.

For this apparent reason, you have to know the odd trick of typing "//" to make it magically appear.

Where is this thing documented? 

Thanks for any feedback!

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

There is no native way to display a date picker without going to the editor.  You may want to have a look at this plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.kentcom.live-input-macros/server/overview

Similar to '@' mentions in the editor, dates are not listed in the keyboard shortcuts area but there is a feature request to have this added: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-43797

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Statuspage

What are your best incident management tips and stories? #HugOps

👋Community members! Downtime happens. And great incident response takes a village. Teams like Support, Dev, SRE, Ops, IT, and Marketing have to come together to resolve the problem while keep...

70 views 2 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you