Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Danish letters not recognzed in search using IE

Sol og Strand December 17, 2012

Our customers have reported problems using your search tool in Confluence.

The search tool cannot recognize Danish letters æÆ åÅ øØ. When searching for a word containing og starting with one or more of these letters cannot be done in Internet Exploere however it is working fine in Chrome, Firefox and Safari.

Charset is in confluence and databasewise set to UTF-8 and every browser tested is using this charset. Only IE is having problems though.

I have attached a screenshot searching for the Wheelchair -- Kørestol in Danish.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2012

So we've figured it out that this is a bug in Redefined Wiki Theme instead and not a Confluence bug.

0 votes
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2012

Looks like you are hitting this bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-18276. I've updated the bug report and included Danish characters as well. I'm afraid that there is no fix for this issue yet. Alternative workaround would be to use other browsers besides IE for the result of search using special characters to be succssfully returned.

Sol og Strand December 17, 2012

hmmm this is really sad as most of our customer base have company politics forcing them to use IE, this would force me to find another solution than Confluence even though I really like it.

Btw. the link you have provided doens t work....

Sol og Strand December 18, 2012

this would be a problem for countries like Norway and Sweden too.....actually most of the northern Scandinavia as they use the same special letters as well.

hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2012

After further testing, I'm sorry to say that you may not be hitting the bug that I mentioned as we no longer able to reproduce the same issue in Confluence 4.x. We shall investigate further on this and communicate with yout through the ticket and we'll post the answer to this thread once we have found the solution.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events