Our customers have reported problems using your search tool in Confluence.
The search tool cannot recognize Danish letters æÆ åÅ øØ. When searching for a word containing og starting with one or more of these letters cannot be done in Internet Exploere however it is working fine in Chrome, Firefox and Safari.
Charset is in confluence and databasewise set to UTF-8 and every browser tested is using this charset. Only IE is having problems though.
I have attached a screenshot searching for the Wheelchair -- Kørestol in Danish.
Looks like you are hitting this bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-18276. I've updated the bug report and included Danish characters as well. I'm afraid that there is no fix for this issue yet. Alternative workaround would be to use other browsers besides IE for the result of search using special characters to be succssfully returned.
After further testing, I'm sorry to say that you may not be hitting the bug that I mentioned as we no longer able to reproduce the same issue in Confluence 4.x. We shall investigate further on this and communicate with yout through the ticket and we'll post the answer to this thread once we have found the solution.
Hi all Lets make this Friday fun really fun and post one (or more) of your best jokes! The joke can be about an Atlassian product, or just a really fun joke you want to share! I’m not the best j...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot