Daily reporting of issues in JIRA on demand

Hi All,

I want to setup an automated email that will email Daily issue created number, resolved number and closed number as well as CSV / excel files for each in one single summary email. Can this be done? I am using JIRA on demand and I need to send this automated email at particular time to a group.

3 answers

You could use Weekdone JIRA reporting and dashboards add-on and set the e-mail report interval as daily. See https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.weekdone.atlassian-connect.jira

Here's how it looks:

0 vote

No. Jira doesn't have a report like that, so you'd need to write an addon to do it, which you can't upload into OnDemand.

The closest you can get is to create filters that will search for issues and subscribe to them.

Your other option is to write something that will scrape the information out of Jira over REST and send the mail for you, or try to do that in an Atlassian connect plugin.

In the meantime, I'd set up a dashboard displaying this information and poke your users to tell them to check it regularly.

Thank you Nic. Yes I had already followed the filter subscription option. But, that is not what my management will be interested in.

I am new to JIRA so have little knowledge pertaining to writing own code. Can you give me some pointers for the same?

If you are still looking, you can check out eazyBI report creation plugin for JIRA.

With eazyBI you can create custom reports based on JIRA data and subscribe for eazyBI dashboard e-mail that will send regular e-mails of your dashboards.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions about eazyBI, you can contact me directly on support@eazybi.com

Kind regards,

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Jason Wong
Published Tuesday in Agility Beta

Welcome to agility

Every team in the world is unique, and so   Atlassian believes   that each and every team's best way of working  needs to  be molded to their unique circumstances  – ...

406 views 6 16
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot