Custom fields are not viewable

Jason Tolliver October 10, 2012

We have created multiple custom fields, but none of these show on any of the issue detail pages. They show on create and edit popups, which is fine, but what's the use of that if you can't see the values on the issue's main view page? I think I need help getting these to show up!

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nick Mason
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2012

Hi Jason,

You'll want to have a look at this page to begin with, it should help you get your head around how the fields and screens interrelate. :) If you still have issues getting the fields to show, feel free to ask in the support case you raised!

Jason Tolliver October 11, 2012

Hi Nick, thanks but I didn't mean any of the create/edit/transition screens. But rather the view details pages (screenshot attached). Perhaps my reading-comprehension skills are not firing on all cylinders, but it didn't look to me that the article you posted relates to this.

Nick Mason
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2012

Ah! Sorry, I didn't realise you were talking about GreenHopper and not the regular JIRA view issue page. :) That's not currently possible, but there's a feature request open here for it.

Sorry, didn't attach my screenshot

Ohh alright. What about the standard Jira view page (screenshot attached). I'm still not seeing all of my custom fields there, though some of them. Is there a specific screen I need to attach them to? Is it simply connected to the main create/edit screens?

Finally figured out how to target that screen. I edited the current screen scheme and could choose a screen setup specifically for the View Issue operation.

Thanks for your help!

Nick Mason
Atlassian Team
October 11, 2012

Excellent! Yeah, this is where the page I linked originally comes in handy. :)

0 votes
Nick Mason
Atlassian Team
October 11, 2012

Excellent! Yeah, this is where the page I linked originally comes in handy. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events