Custom field in email template question

Rumceisz August 9, 2012

Can you please Hi All,

I create a custom email template to a project. There is 2 custom event: one an the issue creation and the other on the resolving.

The project has a custom field which contain hints and details for the reporters. This custom field can be updated at the issue resolving. And here comes the difficult part:

I only want to show the text of the custom field if it were updated while resolving the issue. So if the custom field has a value from the issue creation and it won't be updated while at resolving, the custom field value should not be shown! Because it can confuse the reporters.

I mean something like this but I am not acquinted with that script:

if $issue.getCustomFieldValue("customfield_11816") get updated
$stringUtils.leftPad($i18n.getText("Note"), $padSize): $issue.getCustomFieldValue("customfield_11816")
end

Can you please help?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Rumi

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2012

It is difficult to do that checking in the template because you will have to look at change hostiry and that information is not available in context.

You will have to check in a listener, see if the custom field was updated or not and throw 2 different events based on that. Each event will use different templates, with or without the custom field details!

Suggest an answer