Custom field, Estimation Statistic

Esther turner July 28, 2013

i'd like to set the Estimation Statistic to a custom field that i created. How do i do that? The field has been added and configured in Jira Adminstration, but I can't figured out how to get it to appear as an option in the dropdown...

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Esther turner July 31, 2013

Yes, you're right. Only numeric issue types will be appear as options in the Statistics dropdown. Makes sense. Thanks!

1 vote
License May 14, 2014

Seems to me only editable fields are possibel to be used with Estimation Statistic, and not for example Calculated Numeric Field. Am I right?

0 votes
Esther turner July 31, 2013

Yes, you're right. Only numeric issue types will be appear as options in the Statistics dropdown. Makes sense. Thanks!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2013

I can tell you a drop-down list won't work. Jira has no way of knowing that any particular option on a list should be read as a number. Text fields, radio buttons, checkboxes and so-on are the same - doesn't matter if you put a number in, it's just a label, there's no way to use it as a number.

0 votes
Esther turner July 29, 2013

hmm I was wondering if there was a requirement around it being numeric. The field i created is a dropdown with list items like "3d" "1w", so alpha & numeric. I just created a support request so that i can get the rules straight. Thanks for the help!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2013

The fields will only be offered to you if they are of the right type.

What type of field did you add? From memory, it only works on some variation of numeric fields, so numbers, estimates, story points etc.

Suggest an answer