Custom background color for issues?

Edumate @ Hobsons May 28, 2013

Hi

we don't use priority to sort columns in Greenhopper. But we need to somehow make visible that a ticket is "critical". Grad & drop in a quee is good but not sufficient. We need some kind of visual indication.

The ideal solution would be to introduce new field for issue and if the value is "critical" it would trigger

• email to all developers
  • change the background color in Greenhopper or add some nice icon there

Is that possible?

Thank you

R

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2013

You can colour cards based on certain things like priorities with GreenHopper card colours, as per our https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Configuring+Card+Colours docs. By default we colour critical and blockers as grades of red, so I'm surprised you wouldn't be seeing this already. Which version of GreenHopper are you using?

As for the email trigger, you could set up a filter to email periodically based on blocker/critical issues. This can be done as per our https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Receiving+Search+Results+via+Email docs.

Edumate @ Hobsons June 2, 2013
  • custom color - I believe that if we creat custom field for an issue it could be used in JQL. In that case we have a solution. :-)
  • emailing -- would the email be triggered once or every time if the ticket stays "critical"? I want the email to be sent only once.
Dave C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2013

Yep, you could use JQL to set that card colour which should sort that out.

As for emailing, it will email every time the filter criteria is met, so if it's just searching on something like "priority = critical" it will trigger every time. You could overcome this by checking for a status that changes when you're working on it, or if it's unassigned.

For example, we have issues that come in as "Open". When we triage them, they are "Atlassian Investigating". You could search for JQL on:

priority = critical and status = Open

This means an email will be fired until we triage the issue and it becomes "Atlassian Investigating". You could do something similar for assignee (say when the issue is assigned it's being worked on).

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2013
Well, GreenHopper provides you with swim lanes that you can use to separate issues with. As for the emailing part, i think the Script Runner add in can do that.
Edumate @ Hobsons May 29, 2013

Because https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/174036/can-column-header-have-summary-per-swimlane and other reasons we choose to use only one swimlane.

So the question is the same. Can issues have custom background? Preferably based on a custom field?

Suggest an answer