Crucible instance never logs me out

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2014

Hi

I am using crucible + fisheye 3.2.2. The issue i have is that it never logs me out due to timeout.

Today i opened crucible after weeks and found it automatically logged me in.

How can i enforce a time out and automatic log out due to inactivity.

Rahul

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2014

Hi Rahul,
See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/FishEye+and+Crucible+Cookies page:

• The 'remember me' cookie, remember, is generated by FishEye when the user selects the Remember me checkbox on the login page. This option is only available in a FishEye only instance. A Crucible instance will always have this option turned on.

I'm afraid there is no way to disable remember me cookie if using Crucible, so you need to click the Log out button to kill your session.

Feel free to raise a feature request to get this functionality available in Crucible if you find it important, use https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CRUC/project.

Hope that helps,

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2014

Thanks Piotr..that helps

2 votes
Sateesh Chandra June 30, 2014

Try not using Remember my Credentials while logging in.

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 30, 2014

I dont think Crucible has this option of deselect Remember my credentials on 3.2.2. How have you tested this?

0 votes
Milap Jani June 30, 2014

Hi Rahul,

Did you log out from crucible during your last session. If not do it in your current session then again open crucible, you must provide credentials in order to log in.

-Milap

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 30, 2014

Milap

thanks for the response. However, you should not be required to log out of crucible. In JIRA if you are inactive for 5 hours system automatically logs you out. I expect the same behavior on crucible (unless this feature is not part of crucible)#

rahul

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events