Crowd's lastAuthenticated timestamp is incorrect

Jesse Bowes November 9, 2012

I'm using lastAuthenticated to try to prune out inactive users. Unfortunately, I'm seeing that this timestamp isn't updated when users are authenticating though Jira/Crucible/etc, even though they are backed to crowd.

We have crowd backs to active directory.

I would expect lastAuthenticated to be updated whenever a user is authenticated to anything using crowd. If this is not the case, is there a way for me to see that type of information?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2012

Hi Jesse,

I think you'll find the best way to get reliable Crowd user access data is to dirctly audit the logins through the Tomcat Valve as this provides the most accurate picture because it logs every access. You can read about configuring that in this document: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Audit+Confluence+Using+the+Tomcat+Valve+Component

Note: the linked document is for Confluence but the same process applies to Crowd.

All the best,
John

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events