Crowd password change does not affect Google Apps password.

When using Crowd to handle SSO for Google Apps, the user cannot change the password within Google Apps since he is directed to Crowd. This is a problem since non-web email clients use the Google Apps credentials and not Crowd. Either Google needs to provide a way to change their internal password while SSO is enabled or Atlassian needs to fix Crowd to update the internal Google password.

1 answer

0 vote
Colin Goudie Community Champion Jan 15, 2012

Yep, this is a known limitation with the Google Apps API. -

Log a ticket with Atlassian at but I think they are pretty much relying on google.

Alternatively you could talk to us (Appfusions) as we have a Google Apps Authenticator so you are at least using your Google Account as the master rather than delegating to crowd.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Maarten Cautreels
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: What's your favourite beer/drink

As a Belgian, beer-lover and home brewer, beer is one of my great passions. I love the fact that with just a few ingredients (usually just water, hop and malt) you can create so many different tastes...

290 views 38 9
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot