Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Crowd] Manually load ActiveDirectory users

Werner Moßner August 12, 2013

Hi,

I am currently setting up a Crowd Server that uses our companies Active Directory for authentication, but want to use Crowd for authorization in Jira, Confluence, Jenkins and SVN.

Unfortunately there are no ActiveDirectory Groups I could use to import users automatically, so I have to manually add AD users to Groups I created in Crowd. In order to be able to do this, I have ask every user to try to login to Jira in order to have Crowd load the user and enable me to assign that user to a given group. Unfortunately this login fails as the user is not yet assigned to any of the groups that are allowed to use Jira.

Is there a way to manually load an account from AD, so I could add all users to Crowd and setup the goups before a user tries to login? Importing user seems to fail because of different password encoding (I selected the Atlassian-Password encoding, because the setup told me that otherwise it would not work with other Atlassian products)

Chris

1 answer

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2013

Hi Werner,

In Crowd you have the option of import users from an CSV file, you can see details of this process in this link, if you're able to export the list of AD users, this option may work for you.

Let me know if it helps.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events