Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross organizational sharing

Loren Rothmann June 22, 2013

I just attended an annual technical conference where several others mentioned they use Confluence. We were wondering if we could create a collaboration space for the conference attendees that could also feed into our organizations' private Confluence wikis. We would like the ability to tag/share spaces and pages in our private Confluence wikis that could be publically helpful/shared.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2013

You can make Confluence public by allowing public signup (see setting up public access), but you'll have to be careful to make private every space that you don't want to be publicly visible, and you'll have to account for the number of users who sign up.

Another choice might be to use our not so well-known Confluence User Community space. Not sure what the future of that space is, but for the time being I think it's open to public signup and contribution.

Loren Rothmann June 24, 2013

I had envisioned it like OneNote where you sync/share notebooks to a SkyDrive and invite people (giving them the access level you desire) to share/edit/access those notebooks.

Here's a screen shot: https://picasaweb.google.com/108323677617624700595/20130625#5893421551570385410

(Sorry for using my google album. Is there a way to upload/share files on Answers?)

Loren Rothmann June 24, 2013

I had envisioned it like OneNote where you sync/share notebooks to a SkyDrive and invite people (giving them the access level you desire) to share/edit/access those notebooks.

Here's a screen shot: https://picasaweb.google.com/108323677617624700595/20130625#5893421551570385410

(Sorry for using my google album. Is there a way to upload/share files on Answers?)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events