Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Service Desk customer who can't view JIRA dashboard

Gary Thompson March 27, 2014

I want to give a user access to our Service Desk with the role basically that of 'Service Desk Customers', he should be able to create and modify tickets but thats all. I want him to only be able to log into Service Desk, not JIRA.
So I created a new user using User Management in JIRA.
He was automatically added to the 'users' group which means that he can log into JIRA and see things that I don't want him to see. If I remove him from the 'users' group then he can't log into JIRA or the Service Desk at all.
I have created a new group but have not been able to figure out how to add the 'Service Desk Customers' role to it. Is this even the right approach?
If somebody could advise me on how to approach this that would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gary Thompson April 14, 2014

I think I did something like this (there might be a better way but this what I figured out and it works fine):

• Created a new group that users who are not 'Service Desk Customers' will belong to (the plan being to make this new group a copy of the 'Service Desk Team' group by giving it the same permissions as the 'Service Desk Team' group).
  • Added people who are not 'Service Desk Customers' to this new group.
  • Went to the permission scheme used by the project and give the new group all the same project permissions as the 'Service Desk Team' group.
  • Removed the 'users' group from the Service Desk Team project role and added the new group to the Service Desk Team project role.

That should do it, I hope that helps.

It seems like you can't prevent 'Service Desk Customer' people from logging in to JIRA (because they are part of the users group) but at least after doing this they won't be able to see any projects or anything.

Also check this:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/281032/how-to-create-service-desk-customer

0 votes
Konstantinos Kokkorogiannis April 14, 2014

I have exactly the same problem. Anyone managed to solve it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events