Creating a Custom Release Notes Template

Hailemichael Teklai June 8, 2014

I am following the procedure an how to create a custom release notes template. Link below. The documentation loses me at step number 2. Where am I suppose to copy and paste the code from section 2. Hopefully step number 3 will make sense after I understand step number 2.

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Creating+a+Custom+Release+Notes+Template+Containing+Release+Comments#CreatingaCustomReleaseNotesTemplateContainingReleaseComments-Step2:CreatingCustomVelocityTemplatesforReleaseNotesReports

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2014

Create new files from the code in Step 2 and then follow the steps in 3.

1. Place the two velocity templates into the <jira-application-dir>/WEB-INF/classes/templates/jira/project/releasenotes subdirectory of your JIRA Installation Directory.
  2. Next you need to specify your new template formats by changing the value of the jira.releasenotes.templates property in the jira-config.properties of your JIRA Home Directory.

Suggest an answer