Creating Atlassian support requests and tracking them complex due to separate accounts and sign-on

John V November 26, 2012

As a new Atlassian on-demand customer I have found the process of submitting and tracking support requests, their related answers and bugs complex, error prone and frustrating due to separate systems and separate sign-on's not linked together, something I find surprising of a company selling bug tracking and issue handling software.

I had to create a total of 4 separate accounts with Atlassian in order to complete the process, (a) main account linked to myatlassian related to support entitlement # and authority to create support ticket, (b) separate support account for accessing support.atlassian.com and being able to view my support ticket (c) separate Answers account for accessing and posting a question to Answers related to my support ticket (d) separate Jira account for tracking and watching the bug that resulted out of my support ticket.

These 3 problems should be solved in order to have a sane long term interaction with support related issues:

1) a single sign-on for all Atlassian related support issues so from one account a support ticket can be logged, posted to Answers and then a bug followed.

2) In the meantime appropriate help on login screen as to why account may not exist if user knows they created account for other item and does not know 4 separate accounts are needed as the home pages are very similar and links from one comment can link into another system.

3) Automatic cross-posting between Answers and support so that comments can be automatically cross-posted if desired, if the question was initially allowed to be public, why not the support interaction so that everyone can benefit? At least have the option for the user to designate a comment as public in the support history interaction and have it automatically go to the Answers list if the initial question was cross-posted.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2012

Hi there,

I'm sorry to say that you are completely right in your assessment of the current requirement for users to have multiple accounts in order to access our systems, and as many longterm Atlassian customers will know this is in fact a long running issue that many users have complained about over the years.

However, I'm glad to be able to inform you that this is an issue that is finally being addressed by our system administrators and hopefully this element of the customer experience will be dramatically improved in the near future. I don't currently have a timeline for when this will be implemented, nor can I say at this stage how they will resolve the problem, but I'm reliably informed that this issue is now being addressed and I'm sure that once we've rolled out the solution we will also publicly blog about how we developed and implemented the solution.

All the best,
John

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events