Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create new space doens't work

Artem Marchuk June 3, 2014

When I try to create new space I get a popup with infinite spinner. Whats wrong? I tried at different connections, so its not a connection problem. Any other idea?

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Everythin is simple: I'm an administrator, but administrators group had no permission to create spaces!

Sorry for bothering and Discountrobot, thank you for your help to find a path to solution.

0 votes
Micah October 25, 2016

I have been fighting with this same issue for the past couple of days.  Permissions were all fine, the cause was a space without a proper name.  When viewing the page it simply said "null".  When I changed the name of the page, the "Create from Template" dialog began to populate correctly.  Thanks Discountrobot for that mention of the faulty space.

0 votes
Vasile xp August 22, 2016

Did anybody found a REAL solution for this annoying problem? I created a new site and it's working fine, so maybe we need to change domain?

0 votes
discountrobot
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2014

We've had this problem before - which was due to an internal 500 error (please provide a dump of your browsers console, you open it by pressing F12)

Remember it beign due to some faulty Space.

Yep, seems like there is some problem with loading JS scrips:

DEPRECATED: jquery.autocomplete.js - See https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/AUI-393

GET https://[sitedomain].atlassian.net/wiki/rest/create-dialog/1.0/space-blueprint/dialog/web-items?_=1401871165494403 (Forbidden) batch.js:166

Could not load space dialog - request for web items failed

Whats wrong and how we fix it?

Actually only this part appears in console when I click 'Create a new space' button:

GET https://[sitedomain].atlassian.net/wiki/rest/create-dialog/1.0/space-blueprint/dialog/web-items?_=1401871165494403 (Forbidden) batch.js:166

Could not load space dialog - request for web items failed

Looks like I do not have permissions for that.

{"errorCode":403,"errorType":"PERMISSION:USER:CREATE:SPACE","errorData":"[myusername]","errorMessage":"You are not permitted to create spaces or personal spaces."}

But I'm logged in as Administrator and have all other administrative functions available and working.

Looks like I do not have permissions for that.

{"errorCode":403,"errorType":"PERMISSION:USER:CREATE:SPACE","errorData":"artoix","errorMessage":"You are not permitted to create spaces or personal spaces."}

But I'm logged in as Administrator and have all other administrative functions available and working.

The problem was exactly with global permissions. My fault: this is a new site and I was assuming that I'm as an administrator automatically have permissions to create spaces and didn't bother to check permissions. As it turned out administrators group didn't have these permissions.

discountrobot
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2014

Might be an issue with your instance then, i know this is trivial - but have you checked the global permissions? It might be somebody in your team who disabled creating spaces.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events