Create Application Links manually?

Thomas Wendel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2011

Is it possible to establish an application link between JIRA and FishEye without using the GUI-wizard? E.g. configuring the link in a config file and add the application certificate manually (or something allong these lines)?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2012

It'd be tricky. These values are stored in the database, and the key is generated through the code. Why would you want to do this? Perhaps there's a good way to hit your use-case without this.

Thomas Wendel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2012

Why would I want to do this? Well first of all, I was just curious how the applications handle the application links :-) Secondly, it could be usefull if you want to automate the instalaltion and configuration process of Atlassian products, including set up application links.

Your answer is "it'd be tricky". So this means no?

Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2012

"It'd be tricky" means, you'd have to write a plugin to call various methods on initialization. It wouldn't be hard, per se, if you're a plugin developer, but it seems not worth it to write a whole plugin rather than just enter the values in the UI.

The part that you can't script to populate the db is that there's a token generated that's unique, on both ends.

Loi Cao June 20, 2013

Hi Jeremy,

I'm trying to develope a plugin which establishes a connection to my web app then creates an application links automatically.

As you mentioned above, plugin can create an application links, could you please explain more detail? Any code sample is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
June 20, 2013

I've actually never looked into it, but just hunting around the code, I can give you a pointer. If you download the jira source, inside that directory is an applinks-plugin directory, which is a x-product plugin that registers app links. There's also an api in there that might offer a way to connect. Sorry, I know it's not that specific, but hopefully will point you in the right direction.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events