Copy issue from one project to another in Jira OnDemand?

Hi

I have two projects: one for field-facing personnel and the other for engineering and product management. I wish to copy an issue from the first project to the second (not move because I wish for the field personnel to retain visibility at their level).

I see some plug-ins in the marketplace but they don't work with OnDemand. Any ideas?

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Scott,

I don't think that is possible in OnDemand. What you can do is to Clone and Move.

Mehmet

Scott,

Clone is like Copy and it is available on OnDemand but if you are asking to have both issues with the exact same info syncronized, then that is not possible on OnDemand.

You can still have the same issue and share it with both teams.

For shareing single issues with other groups, you could have a Issue Security Scheme that includes that other group and select that scheme for that specific issue. The other group must have Project Browse Issue Permissions but with the Security Level Scheme you can restrict groups to view certain issues. Does it make sense?

More about that can be found in Configuring Issue-Level Security

Cheers,
Mauro

Checkout my answer on your other question ;)

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 10 hours ago in Marketplace Apps

The 7 hacks of highly successful automation

...there's anything I've learnt from working, it's that people are lazy! No offense to anyone reading this, but it's true and we can all admit it. The easier you make something for someone, the more...

53 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you