Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conveyed viewpage.action shows "View Page" button instead of "Edit" button in the upper right corner of a page

Stefan Lindner November 13, 2013

When conveying "viewpage.action" everything works as expected, besides when viewing a page now I no longer get the "Edit" button in the upper right corner, but instead a "View Page" button only. I noticed in page.vm and page.vmd files that a "mode" decides what is rendered there, but couldn't figure out why it changed due to my conveyed action.

The conveyor-config.xml contains the following:

<conveyor-config>
    <package-override name="pages" namespace="/pages">
        <action-override name="viewpage" class="my.package.actions.ViewPageOverrideAction" inherit="true">
        </action-override> 
    </package-override>
</conveyor-config>

My ViewPageOverrideAction only adds text to the content of the page:

@Override
    public String execute() throws Exception {
        return super.execute();
    }

@Override
    @HtmlSafe
    public String getPageXHtmlContent() {
        String pageXHtmlContent = super.getPageXHtmlContent();
        return pageXHtmlContent + "I was added";
    }

Why is it that I get the "View Page" button instead of the "Edit" button. How can I fix it? Any help would be appreciated.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Problem was that a method in ViewPageAction checks for the ViewPageClass.class. Solution is to override that method and exchange the class.

@Override
    public WebInterfaceContext getWebInterfaceContext() {
        DefaultWebInterfaceContext result = new DefaultWebInterfaceContext(super.getWebInterfaceContext());
        List<Label> labels = getPage() == null ? Collections.<Label> emptyList() : getPage().getLabelsForDisplay(
                getRemoteUser());
        result.setParameter("labels", labels);
        if (getClass().equals(ViewPageOverrideAction.class))
            result.setParameter(ViewingContentCondition.CONTEXT_KEY, Boolean.TRUE);
        return result;
    }

0 votes
Problem was that the WebInterfaceContext checks for the ViewPageAction.class. Overriding the following method and entering the ViewPageOverrideAction.class solves the problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events