Converting mscgen diagrams and charts to Confluence

Hello,

We are in the process of migrating to Confluence from a MediaWiki.
A lot of our developers here used mscgen to render message sequence charts (http://www.mcternan.me.uk/mscgen/).

We want to purchase bitvoodoo's Sequence Diagram plugin and were wondering if it could interpret the old tags (old diagrams) that are being imported from the old MediaWiki wiki?

Please help!

Thanks!

4 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Rodrigo,

Thanks for the reply. We actually installed PlantUML, Graphviz Plugin by Bob Swift, and squence Diagram by Bitvoodoo. We then hired contractors to write scripts to convert it all. They'll also write scripts to clean up a lot of what UWC didn't.
I think Atlassian should have a much better solution to this. A converter that is easier to configure and use. Somehting built-in maybe.

Hi Alonso,

That's a hard question. It seems that the bitvoodoo's Sequence Diagram was discontinued and replaced with the Confluence PlantUML Plugin According this page. I couldn't find any mention that the new plugin would have the functionality to convert the mediawiki sequence diagrams. It might be a good idea to get in touch with the PlantUML plugin so they will know if this is possible or not.

Regards,

Rodrigo

Rodrigo,

Thanks for the reply. We actually installed PlantUML, Graphviz Plugin by Bob Swift, and squence Diagram by Bitvoodoo. We then hired contractors to write scripts to convert it all. They'll also write scripts to clean up a lot of what UWC didn't.
I think Atlassian should have a much better solution to this. A converter that is easier to configure and use. Somehting built-in maybe.

Hi Rodrigo, 

Have you tried MscGen for Confluence by Addteq?

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.addteq.confluence.plugin.mscgen.mscgen

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

34 views 3 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you