Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contributers Macro "watches" not working in 5.9.6

Chris Mitchell March 15, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Contributors Macro

Considering the subject header, is there any word on when this will be resolved? I purposely updated to the latest Confluence Server instance in the hope that this issue would be resolved....

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2016

You've not explained what the actual problem is, so we can't tell you what may or may not have been "solved".  (Bearing in mind that the macro seems fine in my 5.9, hence I've no way to guess what you might be seeing)

Is there a bug for it logged at jira.atlassian.com?  A public support request?  Or just an older question where you describe it?

Chris Mitchell March 15, 2016

Very good point:  After adding 'watches' to the Contribution Type field, regardless of whether I explicitly state the page or space to watch, the statement "No contributors found for: watches on selected page(s)" always appears, regardless of the number of people watching the page.

Specific settings:

Contribution type:

watches

Sort By:

count

Display Format:

inline

All other settings are left as default.

There was a bug related to this issue, marked resolved:  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-36476

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2016

Ah, yes, that's not the way I was using it, but I get that too in 5.9 now I've tested the specific case.

I think you've found exactly the right bug, which is reporting it "found in 5.7 -> 5.8", and "fixed in 6.x".  I think you've proved it is still there in 5.9 as well.  I suspect we're stuck until 6 is available to us.

Chris Mitchell March 16, 2016

It's too bad the update can't be released separate from the next Confluence update. This would make life (and updates!) more palatable.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events