Connect to JIRA Project via Visual Studio Add-in

Martin Gardiner February 7, 2013

How do I connect to a specific JIRA project from the Visual Studio (2012) add-in?

If I configure the add-in to use the base JIRA URL (https://<server>/CITnet/jira/) then the add-in connects & displays my filters; but no data is displayed.

From the browser I can use specicif project URLs (https://<server>/CITnet/jira/browse/<project>) but I get an HTTP 404 if I try this from the add-in.

Thanks,

Martin.

6 answers

0 votes
Eugene Polonsky August 28, 2013

Still fails for me with the same 400 error, even with that option checked.

0 votes
Martin Gardiner February 19, 2013

See the comment trails. This issue was fixed by checking the 'Authenticate with URL Parameter' option.

0 votes
Janusz Gorycki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2013

good to hear it is working for you now

0 votes
Janusz Gorycki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2013

you are probably a victim of https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/PLVS-350.

What version of JIRA are you using? The latest version of the add-on should behave better with JIRA 5.x

Bruno BLAISE February 10, 2013

I don't have access to PLVS-350. We can register ourself on the ecosystem?

Janusz Gorycki
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2013

I think you should remove the dot from teh end of the URL (sorry for teh bad link). The project is public

I do confirm that our jira instance is using SSO with Crowd.

In our case, we use Crowd 2.4.2 and Jira 5.1.6

Martin Gardiner February 10, 2013

Hello again Janusz,

Thanks for the help & the link. Reading through the comments of PLVS-350 I arrived at the 'Authenticate with URL Parameters' advice.

This works for me as well. Enabling this option allows the filters to correctly retrieve the issues.

Thanks once again,

Martin.

0 votes
Janusz Gorycki
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2013

do you have some kind of SSO (Single Sign-On) set up (like Active Directory authentication or Crowd integration)?

Logins are either JIRA accounts setup by the administrator or validated against the LDAP server. My login uses LDAP.

I assume that the add-in has actually logged in to the JIRA server as I can see the project list along with the associated components / versions when I use the dialog to add a local filter.

Hi,

CITnet is using Crowd as the SSO. Crowd is delegating the authentification to an internal ldap server for intramuros users and to a crowd directory for the extramuros users.

Bruno

0 votes
Janusz Gorycki
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2013

Hi,

You should configure the add-on with the base URL of your JIRA instance.

Once you see your filters, what happens when you click on a filter? Do you see your issues or is there an error message?

Janusz

Hello Janusz,

Thanks for the answer.

For the preset filters some give an HTTP 400 error and some do not. I get the impression that if there is data to be returned I get the error, & if there is no data for the filter then there is no error & the status line says 'Loaded 0 issues'.

For the saved filters I get no errors & no data (although in the web browser the filters do return data).

If I create a local filter I can see all the JIRA projects in the Add Filter dialog, but when I use the newly created filter I get an HTTP 400 again.

The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.

System.Net.WebException

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()

at Atlassian.plvs.api.jira.RssClient.getRssQueryResultStream(StringBuilder url)

at Atlassian.plvs.api.jira.RssClient.getCustomFilterIssues(String queryString, String sortBy, String sortOrder, Int32 start, Int32 max)

at Atlassian.plvs.api.jira.JiraServerFacade.<>c__DisplayClasse.<getCustomFilterIssues>b__a()

at Atlassian.plvs.api.jira.JiraServerFacade.setSessionCookieAndWrapExceptions[T](JiraServer server, JiraAuthenticatedClient client, Wrapped`1 wrapped)

at Atlassian.plvs.api.jira.JiraServerFacade.getCustomFilterIssues(JiraServer server, JiraFilter filter, Int32 start, Int32 count)

at Atlassian.plvs.models.jira.JiraIssueListModelBuilder.rebuildModelWithCustomFilter(JiraIssueListModel model, JiraServer server, JiraCustomFilter filter)

at Atlassian.plvs.ui.jira.TabJira.<>c__DisplayClass31.<reloadIssuesWithCustomFilter>b__30()

Regards,

Martin.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events